Laurelwood Community Preschool offers an extended day program for children enrolled in the preschool program. The extended day program allows parents the options of registering for additional care from 7:00 am - 8:00 am and/or 2:45 pm to 6:00 pm. The same materials and quality of learning are provided for the children who utilize the extended hours of our program, but there are a few items to note:
- Time for an additional meal and snack is provided for children attending our extended day program.
- Children will be given more time outdoors.
- An additional or extended rest time will be offered. This time is not required or enforced for children who do not need or desire it.
- Part-time staff will be brought in at 3:00 pm so our teachers can plan and prepare for the following day. Our part-time staff members are qualified child care providers who understand and follow our philosophy.
- While the same space and materials are available, planning and documentation for future activities is not a requirement for our part-time teachers to complete throughout the extended hours.